Machine Learning Research Engineer
We’re seeking a Machine Learning Research Engineer to work on real-world problems using Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Data Analysis, and software performance analysis.
In this position, you’ll collaborate directly with Research Scientists, Engineers, and Data Analysts. This role bridges the gap between Software Engineer and Research Scientist.
We’re primarily looking for great software engineers who also have experience with Machine Learning models and techniques (e.g., language and/or perception). But if you don’t have experience in Machine Learning but are a particularly strong software engineer, we’d still like to hear from you.
You’ll work also alongside Research Scientists and Senior Engineers to bring their ideas to life by implementing algorithms, running experiments and building prototypes.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Adapt to changes and setbacks in order to manage pressures and meet company requirements
- Demonstrate and apply principled research practices
- Be versatile and passionate about tackling new problems and learning new technologies
- Understand state-of-the-art research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Develop solutions based on Machine Learning techniques for real-world, large-scale problems
- Work with large and heterogeneous datasets and data sources
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to C/C++ or Python
- Experience with linear algebra, calculus and statistics
- Experience training and applying Machine Learning models (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks)
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- GPU programming experience
- Large data analysis and visualization experience
- Exposure to industry or academic research
- Exposure to Deep Learning, Deep Neural Networks, or related fields and a strong interest and desire to learn about them
Verus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in this position?
Please email your resumé to email@example.com